July 15, 2014

7 layered mediterranean dip



I recently hosted a small party for one of my co-workers who is moving to Dallas next month.  Given her vegetarian diet, I whipped up some vegetarian-friendly party foods including this jazzed up hummus dip.

If you want to get super fancy, you can make your own hummus and pesto, but I decided to take it easy on myself and used store-bought hummus and pesto.  It took me all about 15 minutes to assemble this 7 layered mediterranean dip, and it was a crowd pleaser!  This recipe is cost/time efficient, requires no extra utensils and is sure to impress your guests!

7 Layered Mediterranean Dip

2 cups hummus
1 cup pesto
1/2 diced cucumber
1/2 cup diced sun dried tomato
1/2 cup diced feta
1/3 cup diced olives
1/4 cup pine nuts

Spread hummus on bottom layer of serving dish.  Spread pesto on top of hummus, making sure not to combine the two.  Sprinkle remaining ingredients on top of hummus/pesto layers.  Serve with pita chips or other chips of your choice!